SHELBY COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) Anyone looking to rid his or her medicine cabinet from unwanted prescription drugs can do so, Saturday April 27th.
From 10:00am until 2:00pm people can drop off their unused, expired, or unwanted prescription and over the counter medications free of charge.
Back in 2012, the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force collected about 482 pounds of unwanted medications.
Nationwide, more than 520 tons were collected.
There are five Shelby County locations to choose from including:
- · Alabaster Target at 250 South Colonial Drive, Alabaster
- · Greystone YMCA at 5414 Highway 280, Birmingham
- · Pelham Police Department at 32 Philip Davis Street, Pelham
- · University of Montevallo Police Department at the Department of Public Safety, Station 6155, Montevallo
- · Winn-Dixie at 2653 Valleydale Rd, Birmingham
If you’d like to find the drop off place near you, click the link.