[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=16×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1368055851&height=480&page_count=5&pf_id=9624&show_title=1&va_id=4049442&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=480 div_id=videoplayer-1368055851 type=script]MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Police have issued two warrants against a man whose stolen gun was linked to a 4-year-old boy’s accidental shooting.
Lt. Ray Hubbart of the Brighton Police Department said Wednesday that 21-year-old Marquis Rashad Abernathy of Midfield is charged with receiving stolen property and reckless endangerment.
The boy’s mother and another adult were watching television Saturday when they heard gunfire in another room and discovered the boy had been shot.
Police say Abernathy told investigators he spent the night in the home where the shooting occurred and left the stolen gun there. Authorities say the man left the gun on a bed inside the home. Hubbart says the boy’s relatives were unaware Abernathy had left the gun in the house.
Police say the shooting is still under investigation.