Certified image consultant Sola Adelowo shares her tips on wearing and caring for whites in your summer wardrobe.
Sometimes the idea of wearing white clothes can be daunting. Just consider the myriad of questions: Can anyone wear white? How do I keep my whites white? The list goes on. There is no denying that the summer heat requires the breeziness of white color fashions, so try these suggestions to add a little summery white to your wardrobe. Don’t be afraid to wear whites intentionally!
Let’s discuss potential options for your closet:
- White jacket – To direct attention to your top half.
- White pants or longer shorts – To direct attention to your bottom half.
- White suit – This provides a continuous clean line from top to bottom. This style will be slimming on most body types.
Keep your whites bright:
- Sort clothing carefully. Wash white clothes separately to prevent color transfer.
- Treat stains immediately. Go for a safer, oxygen-based cleaner (OxiClean, Clorox 2 etc.)
- Launder white garments after every wearing, even if they look clean. Body oils and perspiration can quickly turn a garment yellow.
- Never dry a garment with a stain. It can become permanent.
- Dry white clothing and fabrics outside. The sun really does brighten!
Sola Adelowo is a certified image consultant, a certified Myers-Briggs Personality Type practitioner and the founder of ImageCube, LLC. She understands how to strategically build an image while using your own wardrobe to help demonstrate your unique personality. For more tips and more about Sola, check out ImageCubeLLC.com.