BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — From the latest forecast to school closings, find everything you need to be prepared for the winter weather hitting Central Alabama this week in one place.
- Get the latest forecast from the CBS42 Weather Team.
- Ahead of the threat for inclement weather in Alabama, some schools have announced closings, delays or early dismissals for Feb. 12.
- The winter weather has caused problems for some roads around Central Alabama. Here is the latest on road closings from around the area.
- As winter weather makes its way into the area today, it’s important to remember some very important tips for driving in the snow.
- A list of warming stations opening up around the area for the next few nights.
- If you need to report a power outage, you can reach Alabama Power at 800-888-2726.
- The American Red Cross has some important information to help you get through the coming winter blast.
- You may have seen reports of freezing rain and sleet for various areas around Central Alabama, but what’s the difference between the two? CBS42′s Chief Meteorologist Gene Norman breaks down both sleet and freezing rain so you know which is which.
- See the latest on whether flight arrivals or departures have been delayed, cancelled, or are on time.
- Meteorologist Ted McInerney shows you a few items that are always good to keep in your vehicle.
And stay up to date with CBS42 on social media:
Copyright 2014 WIAT-CBS42