BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — It’s been a long, cold winter, but spring is finally around the corner! Experts say it’s a good opportunity to focus on some spring cleaning, for your health’s sake. Here are a few ideas to get started.
If you’re not a gardener already, consider starting:
- Gardening burns calories. Plus, you’ll get to enjoy fresh fruits, herbs, and vegetables as a result of your hard work.
Use the mild temperatures to re-energize your workout:
- Increase your activity by going for walks during lunch or after dinner.
- Consider adding hiking, or sign up for an outdoor boot camp to switch your exercise routine.
- Plan an active family getaway or weekend.
During your spring cleaning around the house:
- Don’t overlook the medicine cabinet. Get rid of expired medications.
- The same goes for your pantry. Toss anything outdated.
Copyright 2014 WIAT-CBS42