BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) – Firefighters were on Maple Avenue early Monday morning, putting out a house fire. It took crews about half an hour to extinguish the flames.
Investigators are on the scene of the fire. What is known is that it began in the kitchen. Four people, including an infant, were in the house when the fire started, but luckily they all were able to get out of the home.
The house is located near a Marathon gas refueling station which initially worried fire crews, but they were far enough away from the flammable fluids. Roads were closed for a short time while the flames were being put out.
The home’s kitchen is destroyed, but fire officials say the house may not be a total loss.
Copyright 2014 WIAT-CBS42