(WIAT)– As severe storms threaten parts of Alabama Monday, multiple counties have announced storm shelters opening in case they are needed.
- Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church (5850 Sardis Rd) – Opening at 5 p.m.
- Black Creek Volunteer Fire Department (20 Styles Bridge Rd) – Opening at 4 p.m.
- Etowah Baptist Association (853 Walnut St) – Opening at 7:30 p.m.
- First Baptist Church Hokes Bluff (5052 Main St) – Opening at 10 p.m.
- First Baptist Church Southside (2560 Mountain View Drive) – Opening at 6 p.m.
- Gadsden Public Library (254 College St) – OPEN
- Goodyear Heights Baptist Church (608 Kaying Rd N.) – Opening when a Tornado Watch is issued for Etowah County
- New Bethel Congressional Methodist Church (6673 Main St) – OPEN
- Northeast Etowah Community Center (3733 US Highway 411 N) – Will open if an adjacent county goes under a Tornado Warning
- Stowers Hill Baptist Church (407 Ninth Ave SW) – Opening at 4 p.m.
- Youngs Chapel Methodist Church (44 Youngs Chapel Rd) – Will open if an adjacent count goes under a Tornado Warning
- West Shelby Community Shelter (4175 Hwy 22, Montevallo, Al)
- Westover City Community Storm Shelter (3312 Westover Road, Westover, Al.)
- Vincent Community Storm Shelter (5384 Hwy 62, Vincent, Al.)
- Columbiana Community Storm Shelter (107 Mildred Street, Columbiana, Al. 35051, behind City Hall)
St. Clair County
- Margaret Elementary School: 680 County Road 12, Odenville, AL
- Ashville: St. Clair County Courthouse 100 6th Ave
- Odenville: Community Shelter 200 Alabama Street (Library)
- Pell City: St. Clair County Courthouse 1815 Cogswell Ave
- Riverside: Community Shelter behind City Hall at 379 Depot Street
- Shoal Creek: Two Community Shelters–at Both Fire Depts
- 13370 Shoal Creek Rd & 4170 Shoal Creek Rd.
- Springville: 587 Village Springs Rd at the VFW -Ball field area
- Tuscaloosa Center for Technology (2800 MLK JR Blvd.)
- Tuscaloosa Magnet School (315 McFarland Blvd. E)
- The city of Westover storm shelter at 3312 Westover Road is open during a tornado watch.