Dryer causes early morning fire in Birmingham Thursday


BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham fire responded to a house fire early Thursday morning in the 1600 block of Matt Leonard Drive.

Officials arrived around 3:30 a.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters discovered a fire in the dyer in the rear of the house, most likely caused by dryer lint buildup.

“A good message here is: don’t leave your dryer unattended when you leave the house,” said Battalion Chief Buddy Wilks. “Make sure you clean out your ling screen every time you change your clothes.”

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2014 WIAT 42 News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s