Fire destroys deck of Hoover home

HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — As you and your family prepare for a summer’s worth of cookouts keep in mind that you need to play it safe. Nowhere is that more important than when it comes to using an open flame.

One Hoover family is learning that lesson the hard way. Their back deck caught fire. The homeowner told firefighters they had people over the previous night and accidentally left a candle burning on a wooden table.

Monday morning, they smelled smoke and looked outside to see the deck up in flames. Luckily, everyone was able to get out of the house okay. The same can’t be said of the deck, though, which has been destroyed.

Copyright 2014 WIAT 42 News

blog comments powered by Disqus