Woman who tested positive for Legionella died days after taking shower in impacted unit

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) – A Birmingham lawyer says a patient who died after testing positively for Legionella used a shower on May 7 and May 8, which is within the period of days that the hospital says it administered a chemical shock to the water system.

WIAT 42 News spoke with attorney Ernie Cory. He says the planned chemical shock of the water system was set for May 7 through May 9.

Two different law firms representing patients or families spoke with WIAT 42 News. So far, no lawsuits have been filed.

UAB spokesperson Jim Bakken says the hospital does not comment on pending litigation. Rather, he says the UAB news website is posting updates on the outbreak.

Copyright 2014 WIAT 42 News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s