Birmingham Fire and Rescue works overnight accidental fire

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT)- One person was able to safely get out of a house fire that happened at 3:45 a.m. Saturday.

The one-story wood frame house at 2209 Fulton Avenue sustained 40 percent fire damage and 100 percent smoke damage according to fire officials.

The homeowner of the house was transported to Princeton Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. The patient was said to be alert and is expected to recover.

The fire has been ruled as accidental and is believed to have started in the home’s living room.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s