Grill brush sends woman to hospital


BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A barbecue sent one California woman into emergency surgery. A piece of metal wire from a barbecue grill brush sent Shawna Maclean into emergency surgery this past weekend.

Maclean was barbecuing with friends when she took a bite of a piece of meat off the grill. She swallowed, and felt something sharp getting lodged in her throat.

Doctors had to surgically remove the wire. Mclean also says the brush she used could have been an older grill brush, and it may be time for a new one.

Copyright 2014 WIAT 42 News


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s