BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Cheese pizza is one of those universally well-liked foods — up there with mac n’ cheese and chocolate chip cookies — and Birmingham just so happens to boast some great local pizza places.
In honor of #NationalCheesePizzaDay (September 5th), WIAT did an unofficial newsroom “poll” and came up with a list of our favorite, local places to grab a slice.
- Slice Pizza & Brew — It’s not hard to see why Slice was voted “Best Pizza in Birmingham” for four years running.
- Post Office Pies — Post Office Pies was named in the top 33 best pizza restaurants in America by Thrillist for their crunchy, delicious crust and fresh toppings.
- New York Pizza — Don’t let the name fool you, this classic pizza parlor is located in the heart of Edgewood, but the amazing taste is straight out of Brooklyn.
- Davenport’s Pizza Palace — Davenport’s tasty pizza has kept customers coming back for over 50 years!
- DeVinci’s Pizza & Italian — DeVinci’s has a full pizza menu, including classic Italian flavors like Margherita. Yum!
- Mafiaoza’s — Mafiaoza’s boasts everything from Caesar salad pizza to Gluten-free crusts.
- Salvatore’s Pizza & Pasta — Salvatore’s has personal pizzas — perfect for when you want weird toppings and don’t want to share.
Happy #NationalCheesePizzaDay! Comment below to tell us your favorite place to grab a slice or Tweet us at @WIAT42 with your pizza pics!
Copyright 2015 WIAT 42 News