Woman dies after suffering severe burns from grease fire

Shutterstock

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A woman has died after suffering third-degree burns to her body after her clothes caught fire from a cooking accident May 13.

The coroner says 55-year-old Shirley Monigan was inside her home frying chicken.She ran outside and stop, dropped and rolled after her clothes went up in flames from a grease fire.

Her neighbors grabbed a water hose and put out the flames. She was taken to UAB Hospital, where she died Wednesday, May 18.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s