NORTHPORT, Ala. (WIAT) — One person is dead after a house fire in Northport Wednesday afternoon.
The fire started in the kitchen of a house on 43rd St in Northport. Neighbors called in the fire at 2 p.m. Thursday after seeing smoke coming from the roof. A neighbor kicked in the door, but didn’t see anyone inside. Several crews responded and were able to extinguish the fire.
The victim was identified Thursday as 53-year-old Tammy Hannah Harris. The fire was determined to be accidental.
One firefighter was taken to DCH for heat exhaustion.