Child taken to hospital after Tuscaloosa apartment fire


TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE: According to Tuscaloosa Fire and Rescue, the fore was sparked by oil left cooking on a stove.

ORIGINAL: A child was rushed to the hospital after an early morning apartment fire in Tuscaloosa.

Tuscaloosa Fire Marshal Gene Holcomb says it happened in the 3300 block of 6th Avenue. At least four units are damaged extensively.

The child was taken to DCH. No one else was hurt.

Stay with CBS 42 as we continue to follow this developing story.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s