HARPERSVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — The pools are closed, kids are officially back in school and I visited Old Baker’s Farm this week to show you all that fall has to offer!
This farm is rich in history. It is over 200 years old and is a great place for the entire family. Not only is it fun, kids are learning a lot here, too.
“We’re learning about the farm,” Laney from West Elementary said. “We’ve learned about cows and horses.”
History comes to life at Old Baker’s Farm.
“We are a real working farm,” Jerry Baker of Old Baker’s Farm said. “We farm cotton, corn, we used to have soy bean, now we do Christmas trees and the pumpkin patch. We do a lot of living history here.”
Fall isn’t complete without finding that perfect pumpkin, so don’t worry, with hundreds of acres of pumpkins, you’ll be sure to find the one that is just right and the best part is you can pick your own!
Mr. Baker also shared that his children travel from all over the state to work the farm on the weekends and that his son makes BBQ on site, which Mr. Baker says is the best he’s ever had.
Here are some more places to visit if you are unable to make it to Harpersville:
- Griffin Farm Pumpkin Patch
- 826 Griffin Road, West Blocton, AL 35184.
- Phone: 205-535-0552.
- Email: Griffinfarmspumpkinpatch@gmail.com.
- Open: Last weekend of September through October; Weekends only; School field trips available during the week.
- The Great Pumpkin Patch
- Highway 160 in Hayden, AL.
- Phone: Day 205-616-6431, 205-493-0226, 205-903-7818, and nights 205-647-7002.
- Email: email@example.com
- Open: Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Friday and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Buckhorn Haunted Hayride
- 187 Angel Lake Road, Weaver, AL.
- Phone: 256-770-7327.
- Open two nights only: October 18 and October 25 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Oxford’s Trick or Treat on Main Street
- Main Street, Oxford, AL.
- Open: October 25, 2014, trick-or-treat starts at 4 p.m and the Oxford Performing Arts Center will be playing “Casper” in the park at 7 p.m.
- Lawsons Farms LLC
- 2025 Big Springs Road, Ashland, AL 36251.
- Phone: 256-354-2714. Alternate Phone: 770-365-9401.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open: Every Weekend in October. Saturday 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Bennett Farms
- 1073 County Road 13, Heflin, AL 36264.
- Phone: 256-302-1896. Alternate Phone: 256-463-3344.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Open: Sept 29 to October 31, Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday & Friday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- 4D Farm
- 7182 County Road 703, Cullman, AL 35055.
- Phone: 256-775-2924.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gypsy Ranch
- 10501 Fairview Cove Road, Altoona, AL 35952.
- Phone: 256-840-4994. Alternate Phone: 228-424-7990. Fax: 256-840-4041.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Open: Monday to Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
- The Norris Farm
1504 Tinsley Springs Rd., Hokes Bluff, AL 35903.
- Phone: 256-492-1108.
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open: April-October.
- Moore-Webb-Holmes Plantation
- Route 1 Box 260, Marion, AL 36756.
- Phone: 334-683-9955.
- Open: Any day of the week by appointment.
St. Clair County
- Mathews Manor
- 3279 US Highway 11, Springville, AL 35146.
- Phone: 205-467-3935.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Pumpkin Patch Express at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum
- 1919 9th St, Calera, AL 35040.
- Phone: 205-668-3435.
- Open every weekend in October.
- Flatwoods Pumpkin Patch
- 5694 McFarland Blvd, Northport, AL 35473.
- Phone: 205-339-3111. Alternate Phone: 205-305-8120.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open: Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuscaloosa Barnyard
- 11453 Turner Bridge Road, Tuscaloosa, AL 35406.
- Phone: 205-248-0773. Alternate Phone: 205-535-4931.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Open: Pumpkin Patch and Hayride every Friday and Saturday in October from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Faye Whittemore Farms
- 1335 Forrester Rd, Jasper, AL 35504.
- Phone: 205-522-4137.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open: Pumpkin Patch the month of October; Booked school tours Monday through Friday; Hours of operation to the public: Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.