GRAYSVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — The Graysville Water Works Board has issued a stage 2 drought advisory.
The water works board sent out a press release with voluntary conservation measures:
- Residential and commercial customers to follow a two-day even/odd day watering schedule. *see below
- No watering between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. on each allowable watering day.
- No day of week restrictions for new lawns for the first 30 days.
- Customers to use a sponge and bucket and a hose with a shut-off nozzle for washing personal vehicles.
- Golf courses to water first nine holes two days per week and back nine holes two days per week. All 18 holes may be watered between 10 p.m. Saturday and 6 a.m. Sunday. Greens and tee boxes can be watered daily as needed. Guidelines only apply to golf courses that use GWWB water for irrigation purposes.
- Reduce the watering of lawns and landscaping.
- Water in the early morning.
- Raise the height of your mower.
- Use mulch to maintain moisture around plants.
- Consider planting drought-tolerant plants.
- Do not hose down your sidewalk or driveway.
- Verify your home is leak free.
- Install a water displacement device to reduce the amount of water needed for each flush.
- Store drinking water in the refrigerator.
- Don’t let the water run while brushing your teeth, shaving or washing your face.
- Avoid flushing the toilet unnecessarily