3 rescued from Hoover condo fire

3-rescued-from-fire

HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — According to Rusty Lowe with the Hoover Fire Department, the department rescued three people off of the third floor of a condo at The Haven on Tuesday around 3 a.m.

The fire was located on the second floor of the condo. Fire officials rescued an elderly couple and their adult son from the third floor window. It is reported that the smoke detector woke the family up, which the firefighters credit for saving the family’s lives.

The fire was able to be contained to the second floor area in fifteen minutes. The second floor received heavy damage and the third floor had smoke damage.

The appears to be an accident, but is still under investigation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s