(WIAT) — Here’s a look at some of the stories we are working on throughout the morning show.
- We have an update for you on the status of the Colonial Pipeline. The company says they still plan to restart Line 1 Sunday afternoon. This development comes as the company continues to investigate what went wrong. We’ve learned that Colonial has finished removing all product from the affected pipe segment. There are also efforts underway to remove the damaged section and test and install a new segment
- The Alabama Department of Corrections is searching for an escaped inmate. Adryll Banks escaped from is job site in North Alabama on Friday. He is 5’9” and weights 230 lbs. He was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with a colorful design and blue jeans. If you have seen him or know where he is, contact police.
- California police arrest two men in connection to a nightclub shooting. Eight people were hurt in downtown Oakland yesterday. They are all expected to survive. Police are still working to figure out what led up to the shooting. The city of Oakland says they are working to reduce crime rates in neighborhoods.
- Hundreds gathered to pay final respects to an NYPD officer, killed in the line of duty. Community members, law enforcement officers and firefighters, showed up outside the Paramount Theater in New York City to remember NYPD Sergeant Paul Tuozzolo. He was shot and killed in the Bronx on Thursday.
- Donald Trump and the chair of the Nevada republican party, are blasting polling locations that stayed open late to allow voters to cast their ballots. Trump calls in part of the “rigged system”. A Clark County spokesperson says the voters who were already in line before the polls closed, were still allowed to vote and that is why the location stayed open.
Be sure to tune into the CBS42 Morning News this morning from 5-7am for all our your top stories!