(WIAT) — Here are your local and national headlines on this Sunday morning.
- Thousands of people in South Korea are demanding the country’s President, resign. President Park Geun-hye is accused of letting a long-time friend, influence the running of the government for personals gain.
- The U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, will be closed today as a precaution, after a deadly suicide attack at an airfield. Four Americans were killed in the blast at the Bangram Airfield. Sixteen other Americans were hurt.
- Linkedin could be just days away from ending service in Russia. A Moscow court has ruled the site breaches the country’s data protection rules. Linkedin says the ban would deny million the opportunity to grow their businesses.
- A Birmingham man is charged with five counts of robbery after he robbed an Auto Parts store in Birmingham. Details on the CBS42 Morning News at 6am.
- UPDATE: Birmingham Police more say a man who was shot by his girlfriend has died. The shooting happened around 5pm at a home on 5th Court in Wylam. Investigators say 44 year old, Anthony Ray and his girlfriend were arguing, when the woman shot Ray. He was taken to UAB Hospital where he died Saturday morning. So far, no charges have been filed.
Don’t forget to tune into CBS42 Morning News Weekend today, for a look at all your top stories, weather and sports! We are on from 5-7am.