BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Rachel breaks down a few construction projects that are taking place the week of November 14th.
Those projects include:
- I-65: Lane closures from 16th St N to I-20/59 due to 12th Ct N bridge demolition.
- WHEN: Monday 8 pm to Tuesday 10 am, two right lanes will be closed. Tuesday 8 pm to Saturday 10 am, two left lanes will be closed.
- DETOUR: If Southbound, exit interstate at or before Finley Blvd. If Northbound, exit interstate before I-20/59.
- ALABASTER: I-65 NB from mile marker 237 to 238 the right lane will be closed for brush cutting.
- WHEN: 9 am to 12:30 pm on Wednesday
- I-20/59: To and from Tuscaloosa expect the normal delays leading up to Cottondale and the Eastbound only delays leading up to exit 97, where HWY-11 picks back up in Woodstock/West Blocton area.
- WHEN: It’s an ongoing project, but the additional work from mile marker 73 to 76 will be complete on November 16th, 2016. Until then, avoid getting on the interstate at exit 76. Through that area,you can still expect the additional lane closures in both directions until the 16th. Following the 16th, still expect the work around exit 79 and 97.