Independence Day is right around the corner, and there are many options for celebrating the holiday – especially if you want to see fireworks!
Spend July 4th at the American Village in Montevallo with CBS 42!
The American Village in Montevallo is hosting events on July 4th starting at 11 a.m., and CBS 42 is a proud sponsor!
- Join the CBS 42 team beginning at 11 a.m. for a whole lot of fun! Visitors can play colonial games, attend an Independence Day Ball, and witness the Battle at Concord Bridge.
- CBS 42 morning anchor Jamie Langley will take part in the Independence Ball and will be a guest symphony conductor!
- Admission is $5 and free for veterans. There will be food vendors onsite.
Here’s a list of other local events on and leading up to Independence Day:
- The annual Jasper Fireworks Festival presented by the City of Jasper and Desperation Church will be held at Memorial Park on Monday, July 3. Gates open at 5:00 pm and the fireworks show will begin around 9:00 pm.
- This year’s Duncan Bridge fireworks display will take place on Monday, July 3, at 9:00 pm.
- The Smith Lake Park Fireworks and Music Festival is on Saturday, July 1. The festivities start at 9:30 a.m. and will last until the fireworks show at 9:00 p.m. There will be arts and crafts, food, live music, and fireworks, and a golf cart parade.
- The city of Columbiana will be hosting the 31st annual Liberty Day Festival on Friday, June 23, and Saturday, June 24. The festival serves as a way to celebrate both Independence day and the Statue of Liberty’s birthday. Visitors can enjoy live music, food, arts and crafts vendors, a carnival, and fireworks.
- The City of Heflin Salute to America will be held on July 1st at McIntyre Park. The Bicycle Parade will start at 3 p.m. and fireworks will begin at 9 p.m. There will be food, live music, a cornhole tournament, a watermelon eating contest, bingo, etc.
- Fire on the Water will be hosted by Oak Mountain State Park on July 3rd. The event will be from 5 p.m.-9 p.m., with the fireworks show at 9 p.m. Regular entrance fees apply from 7am-4pm. At 4 p.m., visitors can enter for a special fee of $15 per car load.
- The City of Hoover is hosting ‘Freedom Fest‘ at the Hoover Met Stadium on July 4, 2017 beginning at 5:00 p.m. The event will feature a car show, convenient on-site parking, stadium seating, and a variety of concessions. The Blind Boys of Alabama will perform and there will also be a fireworks show at 9:00 p.m.
- The Annual July Fireworks Show in the City of Helena is Saturday, July 1st in Old Town Helena. Vendors and food trucks open at 5 p.m. The fireworks start at 9 p.m.
- The Alabaster Fireworks Show will be on Sunday, July 2nd at 9 p.m. The launch site is behind the old Silo on Hwy. 119 in Alabaster.
- Cordova Baptist Church will host a Patriotic Celebration on July 2nd at 7:30 p.m. Visitors can enjoy music, food, fellowship, and fireworks. The fireworks show starts at 9 p.m.
- The Freedom Festival at Oxford Lake will be on July 4th. Festivities begin at 8 a.m. A free concert will start at 1 p.m. The fireworks show will start at 9 p.m.
- Birmingham Thunder on the Mountain will be at Vulcan Park and Museum on July 4th. The fireworks show starts at 9 p.m.
- The Spirit of America Festival in Decatur will be on July 4th at Point Mallard Park. The fireworks show will begin at 9 p.m.
- The Fourth of July Blast at the Lake Martin Amphitheater will be on July 4th. The gates for the event open at 5 p.m. The Bank Walkers and the Sweet Tea Trio are set to perform. The fireworks show begins at 9 p.m.
- The 6th Annual Tunes Around Town hosted by the Ashville Band Boosters ill take place on July 1st at 4 p.m. There will be music, vendors, and bouncy houses. All proceeds go to the support of the Ashville High School Band. The fireworks show begins at dark.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham is hosting a free Fourth of July concert at 7 p.m. on the UAB Green.
- The City of Tuscaloosa is hosting the Celebration on the River at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater on July 4 at 6 p.m. Special guest Taylor Hicks is scheduled to perform.
Don’t see your July 4th event? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll add it to our list.