Police: Girl may have been electrocuted by phone in bathtub

LOVINGTON, N.M. (AP) — Police in New Mexico are investigating whether a Texas teenager was electrocuted when she grabbed her charging cell phone while bathing.

Detective Sgt. David Miranda of the Lovington Police Department said Tuesday that the 14-year-old Lubbock girl died Sunday while visiting her father.

He says no cause of death has been established, but that initial evidence suggests electrocution. Miranda says a cell phone, a charging cord, and an extension cord were found by the bathtub.

Miranda says investigators are awaiting results of an autopsy.

The girl’s mother and grandmother say they believe the girl was electrocuted when she grabbed her cell phone while its charging cable was plugged into a live extension cord.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s