Interested in the Internship Program with WIAT 42 News? Read on for details on our internships.
Download WIAT 42 News Internship Application Form Here» WIAT INTERNSHIP AGREEMENT
The applicant requirements for participation in the WIAT Internship Program available to college students are:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidates should be full-time/part-time students of a college or university either in or entering into their junior or senior Registered for an internship class.
- Candidates should provide, in writing from their registrar’s office, confirmation of requirements 1. and 2. along with the academic credit expected to be received.
- Candidates must be majoring in a field having direct relationship with broadcasting, media or communications.
- If accepted, the student will be responsible for setting up an hourly schedule with their station supervisor that will sufficiently meet the school’s required hours for credits.
- Interns are to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined in the internship job descriptions provided, and other tasks as assigned by their supervisors.
- Intern dress code is business casual.
You must complete the top portion of the internship application form, specifying the beginning and ending dates of the school quarter/semester and qualifying class.
Students should contact their advisor if they are interested in an internship. If students are qualified, meeting the criteria mentioned above, advisors must sign the Internship Agreement indicating the student’s eligibility. Your letter and documentation must be received before an offer for an internship is made and by the deadline date of the recruitment period.
Interviews are conducted with the coordinator by phone and/or in person. Applicants will be contacted regarding their acceptance by the coordinator or department supervisor. Confirmation dates will vary depending on the receipt date of required materials.
WIAT 42 News
2075 Golden Crest Drive
Birmingham, Alabama 35209